Not Looking Forward to Football? Awesome Alternative Plan for Super Bowl Sunday
Food, Wine, & Dining, Music, Movies & Entertainment, Top Ten on Long Island, Arts & Culture, Seasonal & Current Events
Let's be honest, not everyone is a huge Super Bowl or football fan. It is completely acceptable and nothing to be ashamed of. Take this ...
If you are not up for Super Bowl watching or going to any Super Bowl parties that does not mean that you should not enjoy yourself on Sunday. Bars and some restaurants will be busy for Super Bowl pregaming and then the game, so those might be places to avoid.
Sunday is also Groundhog Day! It is very important we not forget a very important day for Long Island. Why is it important? Because we want to know if winter will be over soon. I think most of us can agree that we are ready for spring to come!
So, if you are avoiding a Super Bowl party or event, check out one of the events going on this Sunday:
- Groundhog Day Events
- Winter Farmers' Markets
- Sound Showers - Long Island Children's Museum - Garden City
- Hofstra Opera Theater - Hofstra University - Hempstead
- Skiing in the Park - Any Park - East Northport
- Monster Jam - Nassau Coliseum - Uniondale
- The Dancing Quilter - Elmont Memorial Library - Elmont
- Kids Can Crochet - Patchogue-Medford Library - Patchogue
- Beatles 50th Anniversary Tribute - West Hempstead Public Library - West Hempstead
- African American Read-In - Westbury Library - Westbury
In addition to these activities, Long Island is always offering various great activities:
Will you be watching the game tomorrow? If not, tell us what you plan on doing in the comments below!